Nov 13, 2013
1. Which of the following are the top three largest produced oilseeds in India?
gpd;tUtdtw;wpy; ve;j %d;W vz;nza; tpj;Jf;fs; mjf mstpy; gapuplg;gLfpwJ
[A]Groundnut, Soyabean and Mustard
[B]Soyabean, Groundnut and Mustard
[C]Soyabean, Mustard and Groundnut
[D]Mustard, Soyabean and Groundnut
2. According to World Prosperity Index 2013, which is the most prosperous country in the world?
cyf rpwg;G FwpaPl;bd; gb 2013y; cyfpd; kpf tskhd ehL vJ?
Norway is the most prosperous country in the world. Norway tops the ranking for fifth year running, followed by Switzerland, Canada, USA and New Zealand. India ranked 106 in the index.
3. Which of the following indigenous tribal groups are found Andaman Island?
gpd;tUk; ve;j cs;ehl;L goq;Fb ,d kf;fs; me;jkhd; jPTfspy; fhzg;gLfpwhu;fs;?
Chose the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A]Only 1 & 4
[B]Only 2, 3 & 4
[C]Only 1, 2 & 3
[D]1, 2, 3 & 4
4. Which of the following has become Europe’s first country to allow babies with characteristics of both sexes to be registered as neither male nor female?
gpd;tUk; INuhg;gpa ehLfspy; ve;j ehL Kjd;Kjypy; ,Ughy; Foe;ijfis(jpUeq;iffis) gjpT nra;a mDkjp toq;fpaJ?
Germany is the first country in Europe to legally recognise a third gender. Parents are now allowed to leave the gender blank on birth certificates, in effect creating a new category of indeterminate sex. The move is aimed at removing pressure on parents to make quick decisions on sex assignments surgery for newborns.
5. The “Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary” in Assam is famous for which one of the following species/animals?
m];]hkpd; ghgpNlhuh tdtpyq;F ruzhyaj;jpy; ghJfhf;fg;gLk; td tpyq;F my;yJ td capupdq;fs; vJ?
The Pobitaro Wildlife Sanctuary is famous for dense population of One-horn rhinos. The 38-sq km sanctuary, about 46 km far from Guwahati, is the third wildlife habitat opened to visitors after Kaziranga and Manas being reopened last month.
6. Which country is host to the “Commonwealth Heads of Government Meet” 2013?
2013 Mz;bd; fhkd;nty;j; khehL vq;F eilngw cs;sJ?
Sri Lanka will host the “Commonwealth Heads of Government Meet” in November this year.
7. According to the All India survey on Higher Education, which of the following cities has highest number of colleges in the country?
cau;fy;tpg; gpuptpy; ,e;jpa fzf;nfLg;gpd; gb mjpf fy;Yhupfis cs;slf;fpa efuk; vJ?
According to the All India survey on Higher Education conducted by the Union Ministry for Human Resource Development, Bangalore district tops in the number of colleges with 885, followed by Hyderabad with 544 colleges. Karnataka has 3,908 colleges with 44 colleges for one lakh people.