Current affairs daily, August 28. This current affairs are used to many competitive exams like UPSC,TNPSC,IBPS,BANK Exams, RRB, RBI etc...
1. UN Chief Minister Ban Ki-Moon has welcomed a long term
ceasefire between the palestians and Israel in Gaza and voiced hope that it
will act as a “prelude” to a
political process aimed at achieving durable peace.
2. The PM, Narendra Modi
will formally launch Pradhan Mantri Jan
Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) on Thursday, 28th August 2014. Banks are expected to
open about 70,000 accounts on the first day of launch.
3.RameshChand Tayalis appointed as theSpecialDirector-General ofCRPF (Central Reserve Police Force).
Shiv Nadar is honoured with 'Institute of Company
Secretaries of India (ICSI)Life Time Achievement Award 2013' for Excellence in Corporate Governance. He is the founder-chairman of HCL.
5. Textiles Ministryto collaborate withFlipkart to provide anonline marketing platformto handloom weavers in the country.
6. India’s firstAll India Institute of Ayurveda, along the lines of AIIMS, to come up atJasola (Delhi).
Ukraine's presidentPetro Poroshenko dissolves parliament;elections calledon October 26th this year.
8. The Competition Commission of India penalizes 14 car
companies of Rs. 2544 crores.
9. Tata Value Homes, a subsidiary of Tata Housing
with focus on affordable housing, on 26 August 2014 entered into partnership
with which online seller to enable users to buy houses online? –Snapdeal
10. What is
the name of the probe launched by American space agency NASA which passed
Neptune’s orbit on 25 August 2014? –‘New