Jun 24, 2015
Current Affairs Up to date June 17 to June 22 |Current Affairs 2015 PDF
1. What was the name given to India's rescue mission in quake hit Nepal?
Ans: Operation Matiri
2. The Government of India has lowered the age of Juveniles from 18 to years for heinous crimes.
3. Which was the private mem-ber's bill recently passed by the Rajya Sabha?
Ans:The Rights of Transgender Persons Bill, 2014. Thisis the first private member's Bill passed in Rajya Sabha in over three decades.
4. The Government of India has allowed the Employees Provi-dent Fund Organisation (EPFO) to invest how much percentage of its corpus in stock markets?
5. Name the major exercise con-ducted in Rajasthan by the Indian army, involving more than 300 combat vehicles and 10,000t roops.
Ans: Akraman II
6. Name the volcano which erupted in Chile after more than 42 years.
7. Which National Park in Uttarakhand has been declared as India's 48th Tiger Reserve?
Ans: Rajaji National Park
8. Which central government department was awarded the Prime Minister's Award for Excellence in Public Administration?
Ans: Income Tax Department
9. What is the interest rate fixed by the Finance Ministry for General Provident Fund (GPF) and other related schemes for 2015-16?
10. The Government of India has recently cancelled the licences of about 9000 Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) for violation of which act?
Ans: Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA)
11. Which iconic tower in Nepal, built in 1832, was collapsed in the, earthquake recently?
Ans: Marahara Tower
12. National Panchayat Raj Diwas was observed on
Ans: April 24. [ Civil Services Day was observed all over the country on April 21.]
13. Name the Bollywood actor who has been conferred Master Deen anaath Mangeshkar Award 2015.
Ans: Anil Kapoor
14. Name the joint naval exercise recently held between India and France.
Ans: Varuna 2015
15.Which central public sector undertaking under the Ministry of Power has launced mobile science labs for promoting scientific learning among the students in rural India?
Ans: National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
16. World Book and Copyright Day was observed on
Ans: April 23. [English Language Day was also observed on April 23, World Intellectual Property Day was observed on April 26.]
17.What was the theme of this year's International Mother Earth Day?
Ans: 'It's Our Turn to Lead'. World Day for Safety and Health at Work was observed on 28 April. World Malaria Day was observed on April 25.
18.Who won the 2015 Senior Men's National Hockey Cham-pionship?
19.Which renowned Cambridge University historian, who specialised in colonial and post-colonial Indain history, passed away recently?
Ans: Christopher Alan Bayly
20.Which former Union Foreign Minister was honoured with `Officier de la Legion d'Honneur' (Officer of the Legion of Honour) by the French Government?
Ans: Yashwant Sinha