GK & Current Affairs: January 24-27, 2014
Current Affairs 2014 Quiz, This gk and current affairs quiz is very useful for the following exams IAS, IPS, TET, TNPSC, IBPS, BANK Exams, UPSC etc..
1. The Reserve Bank of India has power to print currency notes of up to Rs ____?
The RBI has power to print currency notes of up to Rs 10,000. At present, notes of Rs 10, Rs 100, Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 are only printed.
2. According to Reserve Bank of India’s latest study, which one of the following states ranks as the best performing state in most of the key fiscal parameters?
Chhattisgarh ranks as the best performing state in most of the key fiscal parameters, according to a Reserve Bank of India study. As per the study, Chhattisgarh has done reasonably well in spending its money in development sector, one of the key parameters to judge States overall performance. Chhattisgarh development expenditure as percent of Gross State Domestic Product is highest in the country. In respect of social sector expenditure, that includes education, health, SC/ST development, women and child development, Chhattisgarh holds the first position.
3. Recently, which among the following countries has overtaken India to become the largest contributor of FDI to Nepal?
China has overtaken India to become the largest contributor of Foreign Direct Investment to Nepal over the first six months of the current fiscal year. Investment from China reached $174 million between July and December, accounting for over 60 per cent of the total FDI commitment according to latest figure.
4. What is India’s ranking in the 2014 Environmental Performance Index released, recently?
India has been ranked at a low 155th position in a global list that places countries on how well they perform on high-priority environmental issues. The 2014 Environmental Performance Index has ranked 178 countries in total. Among them, India is placed at the 155th position, with an index score of 31.23 points. The overall list is topped by Switzerland followed by Luxembourg, Australia, Singapore and Czech Republic.
5. Pete Seeger, who passed away recently, was a famous_____?
Pete Seeger was an American folk singer. For more than 50 years, Seeger roamed America, singing on street corners and in saloons, migrant labour camps, hobo jungles, union halls. As a songwriter he was the author or co-author of “Where Have All the Flowers Gone?”, “If I Had a Hammer” and “Turn, Turn, Turn” which have been recorded by many artists both in and outside the folk revival moment and are still sung throughout the world.
6. Recently, which among the following Indian companies announced that it was launching operation in Russia, its first market in Europe?
Micromax, announced that it was launching operation in Russia, it’s first market in Europe. Micromax, is partnering with VVP Group in Russia for distribution and the Canvas and Bolt smartphone will be launched in the country.
7. Who among the following Indians have been awarded the 2014 Marconi Prize, a Nobel equivalent for technology engineers?
[A]A Joseph Paulraj
A Joseph Paulraj
Stanford University Professor A Joseph Paulraj who has been recognised for his work in inventing and advancing MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output) technology, a key enabler of wireless broadband services that has revolutionised high speed delivery of multimedia media across the world awarded the 2014 Marconi Prize, a Nobel equivalent for technology engineers.
8. NASA’s recently launched TDRS Satellite is a _____?
[C]Remote Sensing Satellite
[D]Space Exploration Satellite
A Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) is a type of communications satellite launched by NASA.
9. In an effort to protect critically-endangered Vultures from being extinct, Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) has decided to set up Vulture Safe Zone (VSZ) in ___?
[A]Bundelkhand, Madhya Pradesh
[B]Krishna, Andhra Pradesh
Bundelkhand, Madhya Pradesh
An MoU was signed between the Bombay Natural History Society and BirdLife international and mining company Rio Tinto to create a Vulture Safe Zone in Madhya Pradesh’s Bundelkhand.
10. Recently, Aravind Mayaram headed panel has recommended all investment above __ percent as foreign direct investment (FDI)?
The economic affairs secretary Aravind Mayarm-headed panel has recommended classification of all investment above 10 percent as foreign direct investment (FDI) and below that as foreign portfolio investment (FPI).