To Read in Tamil, Download Bamini.ttf & Install it.
1. National Education Day is observed on November 11 every year. Who among the following leaders is remembered on this occasion? Njrpa fy;tp jpdk; xt;nthU Mz;Lk; etk;gu; 11 Mk; ehs; mDrupf;fg;gLfpwJ. ,e;j jpdk; gpd;tUk; jiytu;fspy; vtUila epidthff; nfhz;lhlg;gLfpwJ?
[A]Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
[B]Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
[D]Dr. Rajendra Prasad
Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
To commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad, National Education Day is observed on November 11.
2. Tarla Dalal, who recently passed away, was a celebrity___: rkPgj;jpy; ,we;j lu;yh lyhy; vd;gtu; ahu;?
Celebrity chef Tarla Dalal, author of numerous cookbooks on Indian cooking who hosted several popular cookery shows on television, died recently at 77. She was also known as India’s first celebrity chef.
3. Which among the following amendments of the constitution of India deals with strengthening the urban local bodies?
The 74th Amendment deals with empowering panchayati raj institutions while the 74th deals with strengthening urban local bodies.
4. The ancient Hindu temple “Preah Vihear” is a source of dispute between which two countries?
[A]Cambodia and Thailand
[B]Thailand and Singapore
[C]Nepal and Bhutan
[D]Bhutan and Bangladesh
Cambodia and Thailand
Preah Vihear Temple is an ancient Hindu temple built during the reign of Khmer Empire. It is disputed are between Cambodia and Thailand over its ownership. Recently, the International Court of Justice in The Hague awarded the temple to Cambodia.
5. Who among the following has become the first Indian Pistol shooter to win gold at the ISSF World Cup?
Shooter Heena Sidhu created history by becoming the first pistol exponent from India to win a gold medal at the ISSF world cup finals in Munich, Germany. Heena won the gold medal by beating double Olympic champion Guo Wenjun from China, Arunovic Zorana from Serbia and Olena Kostevych of Ukraine.
6. The “Ragi (Finger Millet)” is an annual plant widely grown as a cereal in Karnataka and some other Southern States of India. Ragi is rich source of__?
Ragi is a rich source of Calcium and Iron.
7. The Great Himalayan National Park is one of the only two national parks in the world which are home to __?
[B]Himalayan Brown Bear
The Great Himalayan National Park is home to the elusive and critically endangered western tragopan. The Great Himalayan National Park is one of the only two national parks in the world with a population of the brilliantly plumaged western tragopan. The Machiara National Park in Pakistan also supports this species.
8. As per the latest Financial Secrecy Index, which of the following countries emerged as world’s most secretive place on financial matters?
Switzerland remains the world’s most secretive place on financial matters, while India ranks 32nd on a new global scale. Switzerland followed by Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Cayman Islands, Singapore, US, Lebanon, Germany and Japan in the top-ten of the inaugural worldwide Financial Secrecy Index. The Index was compiled by the Tax Justice Network.
9. The “Sevai Attam”, “Oyilattam” and “Karagattam” are the traditional folk dances performed in which of the following states?
The Sevai Attam, Oyilattam and Karagattam are the traditional folk dances performed in South Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
10. Who among the following has been appointed as first Chairman and Managing Director of Bharatiya Mahila Bank?
Usha Ananthasubramanian has been appointed as first Chairman and Managing Director of Bharatiya Mahila Bank. Currently she is acting as Executive Director of Punjab National Bank. Bharatiya Mahila Bank is expected to be formally launched on 19th November.