Aug 27, 2014
Current Affairs daily - 27/08/2014
Current affairs daily, August 27. This current affairs are used to many competitive exams like UPSC,TNPSC,IBPS,BANK Exams, RRB, RBI etc...
1. Sheila Dikshit has resigned as kerala government becoming the eight governor appointed by the UPA regime to quit since the NDA government came to power in may to this year.
2. Richard Attenborough, the famous British filmmaker and Oscar winner, he got 8 Oscars for Gandhi film in the year 1982.
3. Micro small and medium enterprise minister – Kalraj Mishra
4. Ukraine’s president Petro Poroshenko, has dissolved parliament and called for early elections in October.
5. The 66 th annual Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony took place at the nokia Theatre in Downtown Los Angles, California.
6. India will get the dot Bharat (.Bharat) domain name from august 27.
7. County’s largest bank SBI today slashed home town rate by up to 0.15 per cent on housing loan, a move likely to be followed by other lenders.
8. Retirement fund body EPFO’s trusted today decided to retain interest payment on provident fund deposits for 2014-15 at 8.75 per cent.
9. Air India will sell tickets for Rs 100 (taxes extra) for five days from Wednesday – which it will celebrate as Air India Day to commemorate the merger of erstwhile Indian Airlines and Air India on this day in 2007.
10. The NDA Government named new governors for four states
- Former UP Chief Minister Kalyan Singh – Rajasthan
- Gujarat Assembly speaker Vajubhai bala – Karnataka
- Former Minister of state in Vajpayee government C Vidyasagar Rao - Maharastra
- Former BJP Mahila Morcha president Mridula sinha – Goa
11. Chemancherry Narayanan Nair, the famous Malayalam Actor died on 25 th August 2014. He was awarded with the Special Jury Prize by the Government of Kerala.
12. India’s first science and technology institute i.e. Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) established in west Bengal.
13. Capital of Turkey is Ankara
14. Ahmet Davutogul appointed as the prime minister of Turkey replaced with Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
15. The union government of India launched India’s first ethanol - run bus in the Nagpur city of Maharastra under the green bus project. The country of Sweden has manufactured this bus.
16. Keshri Nath Tripati appointed as the governor of west Bengal. He became the 22 nd Governor of West Bengal. he awarded with Vishwa Bhrati Samman, Bharat Gaurav and Uttar Pradesh Samman etc.
1. Nobel Prize awarded for which discipline
Ans : physics, chemistry, physiology, medicine, literature, peace,economics.
2. In which year of First World War Germany declared war on Russia and France
Ans : 1914
3. ICAO stands for
Ans : International Civil Aviation Organization
4. India's first Technicolor film ____ in the early 1950s was produced by ____
Ans : 'Jhansi Ki Rani', Sohrab Modi
5. India has largest deposits of ____ in the world.
Ans : mica