Current Affairs: November 16, 17, 2013 Free Download
1. The “Swarm Mission”, which aims to study the Earth’s magnetic field is proposed to be launched by?
[B]European Space Agency
[D]Russian Space Agency
European Space Agency
Swarm is a European Space Agency mission to study the Earth’s magnetic field. The swarm constellation consists of three satellites to be placed in two different polar orbits. The Swarm constellation was originally scheduled to launch on 14th November 2013, but has been rescheduled to on the 22nd of November, 2013.
2. Who among the following has become the first Formula One driver to take eight consecutive victories in a single season?
Red Bull’s quadruple world champion Sebastian Vettel won the US Grand Prix to become the first Formula One driver to take eight consecutive victories in a single season.
3. The “Battle of Aleppo” is an ongoing military confrontation related to which of the following countries?
The Battle of Aleppo is an ongoing military confrontation in Aleppo, Syria between the Free Syrian Army and its Jihadist allies and the Syrian government. The battle began on 19 July 2012 as a part of the Syrian Civil war.
4. In which of the following cities India's first privately funded Metro rail system commenced its operation recently?
The country’s first privately funded Metro rail system commenced its operation in Gurgaon.
5. Which of the following countries will host the “Common Wealth Summit 2015”?
Malta was unanimously chosen as the host of the next common wealth summit 2015 after Mauritius pulled out in protest against the decision to hold this year’s gathering in Sri Lanka.
6. The “Yashsvini Health Insurance” scheme is associated with which of the following states?
Yashsvini is a health insurance scheme for the members of the cooperative bodies in Karnataka.
7. The “Akhaura” is the first multi-purpose integrated check post along the India and which among the following neighbours?
The Akhaura is the first multi-purpose integrated check post (ICP) along the India and Bangladesh border. The ministry of home affairs has built the Akhaura border terminal at a cost of Rs 73.5 crore over a period of two years to facilitate international traders and business users. The ICP is equipped with all modern facilities such as goods loading and unloading zone, security watch tower, warehouse, export-import zone and all international services under a single roof along with an international standard passenger terminal.
8. Doris Lessing, who passed away recently, was a well known ____?
Doris Lessing was a British Nobel Prize-winning author. She became the oldest winner of the Nobel Prize for Literature when in 2007 she won the award for her life’s work aged 88. Her best-known works include The Golden Notebook, Memoirs of a Survivor and The Summer Before the Dark.
9. India’s “Ganganjeet Bhullar” and “Anirban Lahiri” are associated with which one of the following sports/events?
Gangajeet Bhullar and Anirban Lahiri are India’s professional golfers.
10. Who among the following has been named male “World Athlete of the Year 2013”?
Usain Bolt has been named male World Athlete of the Year for a fifth time. Bolt, who beat Britain’s double world champion from Moscow Mo Farah to the award, became the most successful athlete in the history of the World Championships this year with his eight gold and 10th medals in total.